Bramson ORT College
69-30 Austin Street, Forest Hills, Queens NY
(718) 261-5800 / (718) 259-5300
At Bramson ORT College, it is our hope that all of our students do exceptionally well on their final exams this year. That's why thanks to Fastweb!, we've put together a list of study tips to help you get through this stressful time of year. Check them out below!
- Ask Questions: Before your final class is held, make sure you ask your professor all of your questions! After all, they know what is going to be on the exam, so if there are topics you are still unsure about, it would be in your best interest to bring them up. Chances are, other students in your class have similar concerns too.
- Make A Guide: Although flipping through your notebook is easy, it can also be overwhelming when studying. Instead, create a separate study guide that focuses only on the main ideas you need to know for the exam. Then, when you have time, glance over any extra material not covered so that you have a basic understanding of what's left.
- Test Yourself: What better way to prepare for an exam than by asking yourself potential questions? As you go through the material, take a minute to quiz yourself and ask yourself questions that you suspect your teacher will include.
- Know The Style: Always keep the style of the test in mind. For example, if it is going to be multiple choice format, then it's likely that you'll need to know definitions and how to apply certain concepts to situations. However, if your exam is to be an essay, then you'll want to prepare examples that pertain to the material.
- Pace Yourself: It can be easy to rush through the material if you know you have a lot to study for, but rushing will only hurt you. Rather than speed through your notes in a frenzy, remain calm and take your time; you may even find that creating a study schedule helps you get things done in a more timely fashion.
Are you in the middle of preparing for final exams? If you're struggling with any of the material you're required to know, be sure to stop by the Bramson ORT College tutoring center! Our tutoring center staff would be more than happy to go over different concepts with you to ensure that you're fully prepared for the big day. To fill out a tutor request form, visit us in person or click here.
Good luck students!